Friday, October 02, 2009

The Poetry Show

Janey I'm all over the radio with the literary sashizzle these days it seems.


Here's a podcast of my last outing if you could be bothered.

click here to download

'A discussion on poetry and its relevance between Cuirt poetry slam winner Stephen-James Smith and Henessy award short listed poet and writer Colm Keegan - both local writers.'

I challenge you not to laugh at the shocking poetry 'call to arms' that I attempt at the end. My poems came across well though.

I got to see District on my third attempt last night. Fucking Brilliant. Every politically savvie nethead manga nerd's kung-fu dream come true. Deadly effects, brilliant story, action, robots, guns, Nigerians, shakey cams and refugee aliens addicted to catfood.

Get along to this on Sunday if you still have a life and think girls should be allowed away from the kitchen sink and that.


Seriously though - it's for a very worthy cause. A lot of girls around the world don't get half the chances their male peers do.

And Niamh Bagnell (AKA Variouscushions) will be reading her wonderful poetry, she's the funniest poet I know.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

WOMEN RULE WRITER said...

Loved the chat between yourself and Stephen - v natural, v interesting. Ye covered a lot of ground. Thanks for my plug! Loved your poems. Well done. It's hard going on radio, I think, and you came across great. What did your daughter think of hearing the poem about her?

Liz said...

Cool show, great mix - enjoyed it.

ArtSparker said...

Yup. What got me though was the quietness - I've never seen a quiet action film before - not that there weren't lots of crunchy noises, just how it felt.

Niamh B said...

Thanks for the plug Mr, still awaiting a chance to listen to the show... lookin forward to it.
Love the artsparker pic - brilliant...
talented feckeen

Niamh B said...

Just listened to it there, very entertaining show, and liked the call to poetry arms - can't be said often enough. Thanks too for the link to that mediafire site, podcast problem with Scrap Sunday finally solved!

Rachel Fox said...

Really enjoyed the radio programme.
x

Uiscebot said...

Nuala, lil Becky just gave me a 'why I oughta' glare.

Niamh, thanks, that was the weakest call to arms ever!

Artsparker - thats a good observation about D9, it was very subtle in parts.

Thanks for listening!